6/12/11

another retreat at Fort Worden

Home again Home again.
this has been a crazy busy June and i have loved every minute of it. i started the month off at Fort Worden
in beautiful Port Townsend,WA. a must visit place this is just a peek of the ground near the water.
Beth with our Geo find.
NSG retreat was wonderful this year at the Fort. It is always great to see all my old stitching friends and to have 4 days of stitching, eating and I went on my first "Geo Cash" ( i think that is how you spell it) my friend Beth took me on this wild goose chase in the hills over looking Fort Worden and we found 2 out of 3 sites the first day with goodies boxes hidden in the woods. I must admit the 3rd one was a bit too hard and we really needed a flash light. On Saturday we found 2 more places in Port Townsend and I actually found one all by, well kinda.
 I always love spending time with Beth she makes me laugh, she is full of great ideas and always easy to get along with. the best roommate ever.
 She stitches like no one i have ever met she is now working on Lora Standish and of course stitching it reversible.
Crazy beautiful.
 We had a Pin cushion exchange this year with the Guild here are just a few and all were so beautiful.


i also want to share with you a sampler i stitched for my daughter in 2006.  She is living in Seattle now so i decided I should finally share it with all of you. I love the red and black, i stitched her initials throughout the piece.fun easy to stitch.
i have been working on Mary Whigham again and i sure hope i can complete her this summer.
hope you are enjoying your summer.
next blog off to Lakewold, Port Defiance, Discovery Park of course a stitched piece or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment