5/22/11

Creating Time

there never is enough time to do the things we love and that rejuvenate us.

a gift for Becky stitched on 45/50 count silk

each year i tell myself that i will make more time to create and each year i find that it seems to always take second place to the daily stuff.
i love my family, i love my friends and to keep me sane and to hopefully keep them in love with me i must create.

wonderful bread ready to bake
something, anything and it doesn't have to be difficult or new.
 i don't have to always love the finish piece or even finish the piece.

Mary Wigham still waiting
i just love to put my mind, my hands and my soul into the process of creating.
it sounds so simple and sometimes it is. yet i wonder why i can't seem to find or make the time to do this. hours can go by and yes weeks with nothing to show. it may sound silly and in the scheme of things it is, the world is in need of much more than me creating.
 for me creating keeps me sane, happy and connected to a world i wish for all.
i must learn to be content when i find just a moment to stitch that one row of rice stitch or roll out a piece of clay, stamp a card, make bread, and yes even help remodel our kitchen. creating can be found in the most mundane places and i hope to learn to enjoy those little moments and be thankful i have the money, the ideas and yes the time to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment