4/13/12

things in the mail

I have been very slow in posting the past 3 or 4 months due to an illness. i have 6 weeks left of treatment and i looking forward to sitting and stitching with my friends who have been so kind to me during this health adventure.
just a few of the cards i have received over the past months. this is when you realize you are not in this world alone when friends and family take the time to make ( my sister Bobbie has sent me many homemade cards), buy and send a card in this digital age. don't you love the little duck bag  look below to see what arrived in it!
i have 3 of the best stitching friends. i have talked about them many times on this blog. we travel together and spend many hours drinking tea, eating and stitching. this is one of many things they have sent me while i have been house bound. Becky stitched the front of this cute little charm holder and her beautiful pink stone hand charm with love on the palm.
the inside was stitched by Julie and she included a cute little cricket!

and Beth stitched this beautiful queen stitched motifon the back, she knows this is my favorite stitch!
This particular gift started with a card in the mail that said how much they loved seeing me at the monthly stitch date?? umm i wasn't there but ok i will go along with the joke, then later that day i received an email with a picture of me i guess on a stick with a shawl wrapped aroung the picutre and a beautiful hat on top of my head sitting at the table with them!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. they even had a tea cup in front of me with chocolates and of course some stitching just in case i reanimate and want to stitch.
did i say i have some very creative friends.
it has made this whole process of healing so much more easier knowing i have so many people who love me and miss me.
remember to send a friend or foe who is not feeling well  a card in the mail it means allot when your feeling down.
my heart will always remember this time in my life with a smile. thank you friends and family

5 comments:

  1. We love you and miss you sooooooooooooooo much!!!! Can't wait to have you "really" back with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower - made my way here after you added yourself to my blog :)

    Good the hear that you are doing better with your illness! Feel better sooooooon!

    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Yes it's remarkable to have such loving friends. Love all your special gifts made just for U:) I will pray for you for strength, good health and for Happiness. You continue to take care of yourself and know that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all for the nice comments it means allot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a heartwarming post! You are definitely loved and missed. You have the most marvelous friends. And talented too! Wishing you many more smiles and hugs, both in person and through the mail. Most importantly, I wish you a successful and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete