8/25/11

where do you stitch?

stitching is a way of life for me, if i don't stitch at least a handful of times each week i feel something is missing.
 i love the art of preparing to stitch the time it takes to find the project, then the linen and the choice of threads.
Colors are an extremely important part of each project and when i chose a project that is all white i want it to shine just as much as the ones that pop with color.
yet when i sit to stitch the place i chose to stitch is as important as the project i am working on.
At a table with a group of friends who enjoy what i love,
outside in the summer with the sun shining,
or inside with a warm cup of coffee on a stormy day,

or all alone in a comfy chair
where do you stitch?
what makes you sit down and thread your needle?

1 comment:

  1. I have what I call my stitching nest. It's a cozy armchair in my bedroom, I have an ottlite, my scissors and my favorite pincushion on a table. It's the perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete